Here's Our Policy
Sign-up for the newsletter, make a donation, or sponsor a child, and NOTDEC UK (“we”) will need your details. You’ re important to us: we’ll look after them!
Why we collect information from you
We use your details to answer your requests, tell you about our events, sketch the lives of the Ugandan children we support, process donations, and comply with UK law.
By providing your details, you consent to contact by us. We note any requests (eg newsletter) and how you’d like to be contacted (eg email). To change preferences or withdraw consent, contact Janet Johnston.
The information we hold:
- Personal data: name, address, telephone, email, contact preferences, requests
- Gift Aid declarations but NO bank or card details
We never sell data nor share it with others for their benefit; we must show it if required by law. Secure external suppliers (who send mail/emails, do analysis etc.) access only what they need. We get no personal data from card or bank transaction processors.
Storing your information
How long we keep data depends on what it’s for, but we always obey the law. Unless you’re a recent donor, we must contact you periodically to check your info and confirm that you consent to our holding/using it. If you don’t, we’ll stop contact, delete some details, but retain the basics to avoid unwanted future contact.
Accessing your data
Data Protection law gives you the right to:
- Inspect YOUR data: please contact Janet Johnston
- Object to processing of personal data causing or likely to cause damage or distress
- Block processing for direct marketing
- Object to automated decisions
- Have some errors amended, blocked or erased
- Claim damages for breaches of Data Protection rules.
For more on your data contact Janet Johnston.
Concerned about how we collect or use your data? Please tell us first!
Then, if need be, contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.